Why is IELTS important for your preparations for Canada immigration? Simple: It’s a requirement! Suffice to say, performing well in this language proficiency test is a must. Getting a high score can boost your CRS score and can subsequently, help you qualify for Canada permanent residence.
If you are about to take the IELTS exam, these tips will surely be of great help:
READING – Reading comprehension or understanding of the written word is the focus here.
- Do a lot of reading and think of possible topics in the exam.
- In addition, learn to manage your time. Don’t take too long to answer a question.
- Learn to analyze the question and answer correctly as quickly as possible.
LISTENING – Accuracy in hearing comprehension; take note of the British or European accent.
- Practice your listening skills on the radio or recorded audio as this will make you concentrate more on the spoken words and not on the speaker.
- Listen to topics that will most likely come out in the exam.
- Familiarize your ears with the British/European accent.
WRITING – one of the toughest sections as your language proficiency is gauged on a number of parameters: thought flow, grammar, sentence construction, and essay structure.
- Examiners like synonyms; using different words with the same meaning proves your good grasp of the vocabulary.
- Correct use of grammar will be tested in this section.
- Constructing a good sentence also depends on the correct usage of the punctuations.
- It’s not a must, but bear in mind that what you are doing is for your Canada immigration so do not think twice about seeking professional help for this section.
– Tests your ability to hold a conversation and explaining simple or complex ideas as well.
- Having a speaking partner is better while practicing this section.
- Be confident, have eye contact, avoid stuttering, and practice a good pronunciation. Think that you are already in an interview for a BC job offer.
- Listen very carefully with the question, the examiner will not interrupt you even if you give a wrong answer, and this will definitely affect your score.
- You must practice to extend your response, avoid answering with a yes or no.
- Do not take long pauses while answering, the examiner might think that you are done with your answer.
These tips are not an assurance of getting a high score in your IELTS exam. Therefore, it is important that you take time to study, pick a tip that is suitable for you, and practice! Again, you are doing all of these to boost your chances for Canada immigration.